Maaka in Buluk
In 2021, the NGO Maaka e.V. lost two very committed members in Ghana.
On 21 March 2021, Sister Rebecca Antugfinying Ayaapeelim passed away at the age of 63. For many years, she had dedicated her life to helping the needy of her village through assistance of various kinds. She leaves a big gap.
Patrick Kwabena Amelimjam (Gbedema) helped the Maaka Association in organisational matters. He made a name for himself through his work as a “lay veterinarian” in Gbedema. His death has also left a gap in this area. He passed away at the age of 55 on 24 June, 2021.
May their souls rest in perfect peace till we meet again.
On the occasion of a visit by the chairperson of Maaka e.V., Mrs Margaret Arnheim, several issues of Buluk (11, 12, 13) could be distributed to further recipients who had not been reached so far by the voluntary distributors, Prof. A. Awedoba (Legon), John Agandin, Albert Anamogsi (Accra) and Robert Asekabta (Bulsa Districts).
The following copies were handed over:
July 5, 2022, Margaret Arnheim presented a copy to Regina Atiim (headmistress Gbedema Primary).
July 6, 2022, Christine Arnheim, Vice Chairperson of Maaka e.V., handed over several copies to the staff of Fumbisi Senior High School. Everyone was delighted with this gift.
July 14, 2022, Margaret Arnheim presented two copies to Mrs. Cecilia Akanboati (representative of Maaka e.V. in Accra).
On July 25, 2022, David Atagre (representative of Maaka e.V. in Gbedema) gave some copies of BULUK to the teachers and students of Kanjarga Senior High School. Immediately afterwards, the recipients thanked the Maaka chairperson in an email “and promised to put the presentation to good use”.
July 17, 2022 Margaret Arnheim presented copies to Naa Prof. John Sebiyam Nabila Wulugunaba (Pugansoa), Paramount Chief of the Kpasenkpe Traditional Area, North-East Region Ghana.
- Martin Anbegwon Atuire: Bleeding Palimsests: Heritage Tourism…
- Augustine Atano: Feok Festival 2020 (Review)
- Augustine Atano: The duration of the Feok Festival
- Kennedy Azantilow: Feok Festival 2022
- Joseph Aduedem: A Stranger in Her Own Land – The Position of Women in Bulsa Society
- Joseph Aduedem: Kisuta (taboos): Their Origins and Significance among the Bulsa
- Joseph Aduedem: Abunoruk maari Asuom / Abunoruk helped Asuom
- Franz Kröger: The Parliamentary and Presidential Elections 2020
- Various Authors and Sources: Events
- Abdul-Rauf Akan-mwanatechaab: Brothers in Skirt
- Franz Kröger: The First Picture of an African Woman
- Kwesi Amoak: Review of Dr. Caesar Atuire’s “Philosophical Underspinnings of an African Legal System
- Joseph Aduedem: Yog Wiik
- Franz Kröger, Robert Asekabta and Kennedy Azantilow : Electing New Bulsa Chiefs (2021-2022)
- Franz Kröger: Recent Bulsa Publications
- Franz Kröger: Obituaries
- Margaret Arnheim: Maaka in Buluk